All, I just learned that, on Tuesday, newish Clarion-Ledger Executive Editor Brian Tolley, brought in from Louisiana or somewhere, asked the staff to help "folks who are writing ads for our new subscription model ..." (presumably the dumb charge-for-web stories idea). Apparently those "folks" are probably far from Jackson in some corporatey cubicle, and Tolley doesn't know enough about Jackson to tell them the following, as reported by Gannett Blog ( http://bit.ly/MEDdRU">http://bit.ly/MEDdRU). Tolley's verbatim list:
- What is your town famous for?
- What are the local sayings unique to your community?
- Is there a famous landmark not for tourists, but for locals?
- Who are the personalities known by everyone in town?
- Who are your local heroes -- and why?
- Who are your local villains?
- What events only happen in your community? (charity events, yearly runs/walks not associated with national programs)
My suggestion is that we help him out. Post below and answer the questions for him. We might even run them in the paper sometime soon.
Enjoy. Meanwhile here's your moment of Zen.