Todd Stauffer is the publisher and co-founder of the Jackson Free Press and BOOM Jackson magazine. In the past, Todd Stauffer has worked as a technical writer and book author, magazine writer and TV/radio host. He grew up in Dallas, Texas, and current resides in Belhaven with Donna Ladd and her cats. He attended Texas A&M University.
As Gov. Tate Reeves learned this past week, the most powerful public office in Mississippi isn't actually that of governor.
The Jackson Free Press team has done its damnedest to bring you the latest news on COVID-19 as it breaks here in the Jackson and throughout the state, as well ...
"The mayor is clearly trying to express support for the people who are experiencing flooding this week. But this isn't (just) about sturgeon, Mr. Mayor. And I sincerely encourage you ...
"As we go into 2020, I think two things could help downtown Jackson become more vibrant. First, interest and awareness in downtown need to be curated. Second, we as citizens ...
This issue we celebrate moving into our 18th year of publishing as a voice for Jacksonians who want to see progress in the capital city and the Magnolia State. It's ...
"If a male politician elects to follow the "Billy Graham Rule," it really is incumbent upon him to make the accommodations necessary to meet with women—reporters, constituents, policy advisers and ...
"It's up to men to solve sexism." We were at breakfast when Donna said that to me. I was immediately struck by the profundity of the statement—in part because it ...
As the weather gets a little more accommodating, I encourage you to take advantage of opportunities not only to have a little fun but to support local artists, local organizations ...
This issue of BOOM Jackson serves two major purposes. One, it's a three-month look ahead at arts and cultural events in the Jackson metro. Two, we do the BOOM edition ...
After two near-record days of new reported cases of COVID-19, the total number of cases in Mississippi since the outbreak began has topped 13,000.
The day after Gov. Tate Reeves announced a path for reopening tattoo parlors, Mississippi hit milestones of more than 11,000 cases of COVID-19 and passed 500 deaths.
The day after Gov. Tate Reeves once again relaxed his "safer-at-home" order, the Mississippi State Department of Health reported 288 new cases of COVID-19 and 12 more deaths they attribute ...
One week after Governor Tate Reeves signed his "safer at home" order that reopened a number of retail businesses and loosened restrictions on non-essential businesses, Mississippi has a reported 7,441 ...
One day after Gov. Tate Reeves signed his "safer-at-home" executive order designed to reopen some non-essential businesses, the state added another 284 cases of COVID-19 to Mississippi State Department of ...
As COVID-19 crashes the Mississippi economy and unemployment skyrockets, a lot of people are scared. We know, because you've been sending the Jackson Free Press questions by email, online chat ...
The Rainbow Co-op Board of Directors, which voted to seek Chapter 11 reorganization protection in March, has now decided to close the grocery, which has been open since 1980.
Episcopal priests in Mississippi no longer need to seek the bishop's permission to perform weddings for same-sex couples.
You hold in your hands (or you're viewing online) the culmination of many months' worth of planning and effort—the 2015 Best of Jackson issue.
- New Restaurant in District @ Eastover: 'Fine and Dandy'
- Boil Water Lifted for Most Jackson ZIPs
- City Responds to Hinds County Emergency Declaration
- Casino-Mogul Trump Going Against the Odds With 'Muslim Ban'
- Millsaps Issues Statement on Trump's Immigration Order
- Roll-Off Dumpster Day on February 4
- JTRAN Buses Shut Down By Weather
- Blues Marathon Traffic Advisories for Jan. 9
- Variety Says Trump to Remain Executive Producer of Celebrity Apprentice
- Welcome Brian Stauffer to Jackson
- NSA Chief: 'Nation State' Interfered in U.S. Election
- Elizabeth Warren's Message to Supporters
- Boil Water Notice for Eastover Streets
- Board of Trustees Accepts Resignation from President of Jackson State University
- City Announces Sewer Line Repair on Woodrow Wilson
- Watch Marvel's Doctor Strange Premiere Live
- Mississippi Craft Brewers and Mississippi Beer Distributors Agree on On-Premises Sales Bill
- Town Hall with Dr. Kai Smith
- Jackson Launching New Water Bill Portal Aug 1
- Verbatim Statement by Attorney General Jim Hood on HB 1523
- Supreme Court Upholds Race-Aware Admissions
- JFP Wins 'Best in Division' in 66th Annual Green Eyeshade Awards
- John Oliver Starts Miss. Company; Buys and Forgives $15m in Medical Debt
- VIDEO: One on One With Chief Vance
- Zoo Blues Goes Forward Despite the Weather
- JPS Adopts LGBT-Inclusive Employment Policy
- JXN Trailblazers - New 'Museum Trail' Video
- Crossroads Film Society Issues Statement on HB 1523
- Corporate CEOs Call on Bryant, GOP Leaders to Repeal HB 1523
- Jackson Mayor: 'We Will Not Discriminate'
- Mississippi Manufacturers Association to Bryant: Veto the Anti-LGBT Bill
- Mayor Yarber Among the 'Tweet Elite'
- Updated: Visual Guide to Super Tuesday & Results
- "WAJ" - Street Paving, Infrastructure Discussion With Coordinator Lacey Reddix
- 'Taking Back Our Community' Meeting Planned for Thursday in South Jackson
- Will Farish Street Have a New Developer Soon?
- Saints Week 3 Game Review: Reasons for Optimism in Week 4
- For the Saints, Scoring Slowly Is (Almost) More Important Than Scoring
- LIVEBLOG: Run-Off Results - Jackson and Hinds County
- Sandra Bland Traffic Stop Video Hits YouTube
- #FlagMyths: 'The Civil War Was Fought Over... Tariffs'
- Mississippi #1 in How Far a Hundred Bucks Stretches
- Bernie Sanders... Frontrunner?
- Pothole Report (and Resurfacing) for June 29
- Rev. C.J. Rhodes' Open Letter to Speaker Philip Gunn
- Haley Barbour Is Not Offended By The State Flag
- Has 'Us vs. Them' Politics Taken Its Toll on Conservatism?
- Thinking About Drinking - This Friday
- Two Charter Schools in NOLA Closing
- Ole Miss Alumni Not Happy With Jones Non-Renewal
- T-P: Saints Trading Jimmy Graham to Seattle
- Winter Advisory - Jackson Bridge Closings
- Attorney General Warns of Phishing Scam Targeted Mac Users
- Josh Robinson Confirms He'll Enter NFL Draft
- Stanford: Gun Carry Laws Linked To Increase in Violent Crime 1 comment
- MS GOP Response to McDaniel: Er ... Try Court?
- Missouri GOP Wants To Know if Henry Barbour Is Behind 'Racist' Anti-McDaniel Ads 2 comments
- Watch the Trailer for "A Mississippi Love Story"
- U.S. Loses 0-1, Advances in World Cup
- Chism Strategies Poll: McDaniel Leads Likely GOP Voters By 8 Points
- AFA Edits Their Alert; Now Blames Gays for Fooling Businesses
- Another GOP Governor Plans Medicaid Expansion
- Live Tweeting the #jxnmayor Run-off
- Live Tweeting the #jxnmayor Returns
- Flood Warning for Pearl River at Jackson
- Union Endorsing Chokwe Antar Lumumba
- #JxnMayor Candidates at #StPaddysJXN
- Robocall Discourages Margaret Barrett-Simon From Running
- Social Media Responds to Lumumba's Death
- Richard Sherman: 'Thug' = Racial Epithet 2 comments
- JFP Beer Fridge #6: Schlafly APA
- Does 'Open Carry' Actually Increase Gun Violence?
- The AFA Warned Us! Polgamy Now Legal and It's the Gays' Fault
- 12/29 Saliva Show Cancelled
- Beer Fridge #5: Napa Smith Lost Dog
- Obamacare Proving an Early Success in... Kentucky?
- Nunnelee and Palazzo Voted Against Reopening Government, Paying The Country's BIlls
- Chicago Tribune: Josh Marks' Death Ruled a Suicide
- Beer Fridge #4: Samuel Adams Octoberfest
- Beer Fridge #3: Steven's Point Six Hop IPA
- Is This What The Water Will Look Like? 2 comments
- Beer Fridge #2: Lazy Magnolia Deep South Pale Ale
- Beer Fridge #1: Devil's Harvest Extra Pale Ale 1 comment
- President Obama's Remarks on Boston Marathon Bombing
- Did you Know... We've Already Done $2.4 Trillion in Deficit Reduction
- Conservative Judge Makes the Case for Gun Control
- Live Video: Obama Makes Statement on the Fiscal Cliff
- More Guns, More Violence... Is There a Connection? 9 comments
- Updated Video: See Obama Address on Connecticut Shooting
- Florida Governor Repeats Same Words Over and Over to Avoid Questions About Long Lines at Polls
- Live Blog: Obama Re-Elected 1 comment
- JFP Guide to Watching the Results Tonight 2 comments
- Special Olympian's Response to Ann Coulter's Rank Stupidity
- Obama: There's a Word for Romney's Flip-Flops: 'Romnesia'
- Barbour Criticizes Obama on Deficit... Then Criticizes Him for Budget Cuts
- Blodget: 'Here's the Problem With Our Economy'
- So, Speaking of Jobs...
- Why is the GOP Obsessed with the Word 'Terrorism' in the Libya Attacks?
- GOP Strategists Concerned the Romney Campaign is 'Incoherent' 8 comments
- Salon: 'Paul Ryan Didn't Build That'
- I Love This Video From the JPL 'Mission Control' During Mars Landing
- Concert at The Cedars Rescheduled for Monday
- Feds Identify Gunman in Denver 'Batman' Shooting
- Small Biz Federation Has a 'Context' Problem
- Barbour to Romney: 'I Would.' .... O RLY?
- MSNBC's Extended Shout-out to JFP 2 comments
- Holder: Texas Voter ID is a 'Poll Tax' 1 comment
- Finally... A Fish-Shaped Cat Litter Box 1 comment
- Rick Perry Set to Refuse 'Obamacare' in Texas 1 comment
- Did Jackson's Population Actually Grow in 2011? 3 comments
- Bush Library 'Straw Poll' Gives Romney Big Lead
- Workflowy is Fantastic for Getting Sorta-Organized
- Salon Calls Out Mississippi
- C-L's Love Letter to Haley 2 comments