"Cinderella" presented by the Mississippi Metropolitan Ballet March 1 at 7 p.m. and March 2 at 2 p.m. On March 1, a Cinderella Ball will follow the performance at the University Club with entertainment by Hunter and the Gators. On March 2, a Cinderella Tea Party follows the performance at the Mississippi Museum of Art. Call 601-853-4508 or visit http://www.msmetroballet.com.
"Romeo and Juliet" presented by The St. Petersburg Ballet Theatre at the Ford Center for the Performing Arts. March 4, 8 p.m. Tickets $12-35. Call 662-915-7411, 601-915-2787 or visit http://www.olemiss.edu/fordcenter.
Dance Performances at Belhaven College. All performances are held at the Bitsy Irby Visual Arts and Dance Center. Doors open at 7 p.m., performance begins at 7:30 p.m. E-mail [e-mail missing].
• Senior Dance Concert March 6-7. Reception follows. $5, $3 students, seniors and children.
• Dance Ensemble Spring Concert April 4- 5. $10, $5 students, children and seniors.
• DOXA Spring Concert April 24. $2 admission.
Salsa Mississippi Events. Call 601-213-6355, e-mail [e-mail missing] or visit salsamississippi.com. All events are held at Madison Square Center for the Arts (2103 Main Street, Madison).
• Intermediate Classes Thursdays 6:45-7:45 p.m. No partner necessary. Beginners call to register, $10 per class.
• Salsa Party March 7, 9-11 p.m. Free dance lessons before the party starts at 8 p.m.
MissiHIPPY performs every first Friday of the month at Aladdin in Fondren, the only place to see Jackson's premier bellydance troupe in action. March 7, April 4 and May 7 from 7-9 p.m. MissiHIPPY specializes in tribal, cabaret and dark fusion bellydance. Call 601-948-0888 or visit http://www.myspace.com/missihippy.
Jackson Irish Dancers Events Call 601-592-9914 or visit http://www.jacksonirishdancers.org.
• Solo dancing classes for children (ages 6 and up) and adults, on Wednesday evenings from 6-7 p.m. and 7-8 p.m. at the Ballet Mississippi Ridgeland studio in the Odyssey Shopping Center on Pear Orchard Rd., just north of County Line Road. $5 with a small registration fee. Call Catherine Bishop, TCRG for details, 601-720-5034.
• St. Patrick's Day Celebration, March 16, noon- 9 p.m. at the Mississippi Agriculture and Forestry Museum. Bring the whole family for live music, dancing, workshops, food and drink, and an evening ceili from 7-9 p.m. $5 with discounts for children and groups. Call 601-366-2775 or visit http://www.celticfestms.org for details.
• Set dancing workshop, March 30, 4-5:30 p.m. at the Ballet Mississippi Ridgeland studio in the Odyssey Shopping Center on Pear Orchard Rd. Instructor Catherine Bishop holds a MFA in dance from SMU and an MA in traditional Irish dance from the University of Limerick, Ireland. For adults and teens ages 16 and up. $10 for JID members and $12 for others. Call Maggie at 601-592-9914.
• Ceili dancing and set dancing class, April 6, 13, 27 and May 4, 4-5:30 p.m. at the Ballet Mississippi Ridgeland Studio. Taught by members of JID. Wear comfortable clothes and clean, smooth-soled shoes; bring water to drink. For adults and teens ages 16 and up. $5 per class for JID members and $7 per class for others. Call Maggie at 601-592-9914.
• Mostly Monthly Ceili April 20, 2-5 p.m. at Fenian's Irish Pub in Jackson. Featuring the Fuchsia Band's Máirtín de Cógáin, followed by a concert at 6 p.m. by Máirtín and Jimmy Crowley. Free; suggested donation of $10.
Ballet Magnificat! Call 601-977-1001 or visit http://www/balletmagnificat.com.
• "The Scarlet Cord," March 15-16, 7 p.m. Sat., 2 p.m. Sun. at Thalia Mara Hall. Jackson's Christian oriented ballet company takes the biblical story of Rahab the harlot and places it in 1970s communist Soviet Union.
• School of the Arts End of the Year Recital, May 23 at Belhaven College Center for the Arts.
University of Southern Mississippi Dance Performances. Call 601-266-4994 or http://www.southernmisstickets.com.
• Studio 115 Dance Concerts May 1-3 at 7:30 p.m in Studio 115 theater and dance building. Tickets $5 at the door.
• Spring Dance Concert April 3-5 at 7:30 p.m. April 6 at 2 p.m. in Mannoni Performing Arts Center.
The Southern Mississippi Repertory Dance Company, a professional-caliber company of student dancers, perform new choreography by faculty, guest artists and students.
Ballet Mississippi Spring Performance, May 4, 7 p.m., at Thalia Mara Hall, featuring Act II of "Swan Lake" with guest artists Tatiana Ledovskikh of the Alabama Ballet, formerly Bolshoi Ballet. Also performing are the USA IBC CityDance dancers and a new work on the Ballet Mississippi Company by guest choreographer Diana Law. Call 601-960-1560 or visit http://www.balletms.com.
More dance event listings at http://www.jfpevents.com.